Friday, December 25, 2009

Ode to Tree

Ode to Tree....
It's Christmas Day and Christians around the world are celebrating their spiritual beliefs around the beautifully decorated Christmas tree. On Christmas Eve I went to see the movie Avatar with both of my grown sons. A movie I prejudged and complained that I didn't want to see "war" at a time I wanted to share in the energy of love, peace, giving, happiness and joy. What a surprise!

The movie centered around the sacredness of the Tree. For those who haven't seen the movie, I don't want to spoil it for you... so I won't tell you more. I thought to myself, "Synchronicity is always present in my life and at that moment, The Tree presented herself as the center of the connection of all life."

Indigenous peoples knew this. Westernized societies have forgotten the energy of life, the life force that flows through everything.
I will keep this short, Next time you are near a Tree, take some time to sit under the Tree, Breathe with the Tree, realize what the Tree has to offer all living things in ways that she gives: shade, fruit, protection, and contribution to the water and air quality of the Earth, her mother.

P.S. Go see Avatar!

No comments:

Post a Comment