Sunday, May 16, 2010

Voice of the Desert



As I prepare for 10 days in the Mexican desert I breath deeply to slow down. The desert teaches us to slow down. I will be sleeping in a tent but other than that, all modern communications will be a dream, water will come only from the few gallons I bring with me, fire will be available to warm the midnight chill and early morning dew. The air will be warm during the day and cold (hopefully not that cold) at night. I will be camped at the base of the Sacred Mountain of Kuchima, located in the hills of Baja California, Mexico. The ancestors are known to live in the mountain and will answer your prayers. We will dance in gratitude for the four sacred elements; Earth, Air, Fire and Water. We will re-member that we are connected to the land and to all living things. We will take time for prayer and rejoicing, just as the ancient ones did. People will come from all over to share their culture and wisdom.

I will learn, pray and ask for direction for my life from the 4 sacred elements. I will share my drum and song. I have not been to visit with this land for 4 years. For this I am grateful to be able to do now.

There is no planning for a trip like this... because the land and elementals guide the way. My journey will bring to me the opportunity to immerse myself back into the Mother, back into the womb, where all is whole and complete.

I give thanks for the desert and the mountain for all that she teaches and provides. This is the way of Life. This is the voice of Mother Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment